Thursday, December 13, 2007

jan's gloves

this is the first of my take on knitty's knucks for my friend jan from church. i have officially decided that i will only make fingerless gloves when coerced at gunpoint from here on out.  

seriously.  

my favorite thing about this project is the buttons i picked as an accent.

i don't even want to make the second one... 

the glove.  just hangin' out...


the 3x3 ribbed edge i decided on after
i almost went insane trying to do seed stitch for fifteen rows
 
bella's hand is a little small in these!

update:  12.19

the gloves are not done.  if you look really closely at the thumb on these photos, you can see that i totally messed up the gusset.  so i reknit glove one... only to find that when i tied off the bind off, i had bound off waaay too tightly.  that was when i sat for half an hour and cried.  my mom suggested loosening the cast off edge by undoing it and redoing it... thank god it worked.  so now, on to glove three, which is actually glove two, and hopefully glove the last.... 

ever.

knitty, this is one pattern i will not be using again!

3 comments:

Tamara said...

I'm glad you persevered. It looks lovely. I'm sure Jan will love them. I've been debating making a pair of these for my best friend, but the fingers intimidate me a bit. I may just stick with mitts for now. Let us know how the second one turns out. Maybe it won't be as difficult now that you're more familiar with the pattern. Good luck!

novice.knitter said...

tamara-
thanks for stopping by! you know, the fingers (in particular putting them on the hand of the glove) were the intimidating part for me too. i found that the join was far less trouble than i thought it was! what threw me for a loop was the reverse patterning of doing the thumb gusset. mitts are much easier!

petite américaine said...

That's why I crochet, y'know...and stick to simple items, like scarves and blankets. ;)

I just noticed this is a blogger blog...why not wordpress?